Pilates is a full body exercise system that enhances body, mind, and spirit.
It is a program for a lifetime that helps return the body to health. You can begin at any age, you neither have to be flexible or fit, nor do you need prior experience.
Through Pilates you acquire control of your body and through proper repetition of the exercises you gain a natural rhythm, coordination, and strength that translates into all your daily activities.
- alleviates back pain
- strengthens your core
- teaches you how to fully access your breath
- corrects compromised postures
- improves flexibility and coordination
- helps prevent / rehabilitate injuries and reduces chronic pain
- restores physical vitality
- invigorates the mind and elevates the spirit
- and so much more!
Pilates is not a fatiguing system of dull, boring exercises repeated over and over. It does not produce bulging muscles from haphazard exercises. It teaches your body how to get along. There are no bully muscles, only a system of muscles, tendons and ligaments working together to create inner and outer peace in body and mind.