Theme of the month
Pelvis, Legs and Feet
- When to bend the legs & why?
- What needs to happen with bent legs (if they start bent, they stay bent)
- How are we ultimately working towards straight, evenly powerful legs?
- The value of internal & external rotation in the legs and why Pilates “V” is not necessarily the only answer
- The power of prayer feet
- Ankle stability: the anatomical make up of this hinge joint and how range in the ankle joint directly effects the engagement of the entire leg into the pelvis and therefore spine
We practice how to move through exercises while exploring what it means to have straight legs and a stable, powerful pelvis. We practice exercises that build awareness in the engagement of the feet and how that effects the entire chain of the leg.
Our anatomy focus is on muscles and getting a better sense of their roles as groups, and how to find balance. Additionally, we look at how a sound base in the feet, legs and pelvis plays a role in rotation & sequential movement of the spine- whether from a seated position or in going overhead.